Monday, October 20, 2014

Abilene Reporter-News Sends Me a Set of Initial Questions After I Announced my Candidacy for Texas Congressional District 19. The Questions with My Answers


I have a friend who lives here in Abilene. He just finished creating an app and it is now available!

Juggle Bug ~ Mobile Phone Game ~ Its FREE! ~ TRY IT!

************************************************************************
Please continue to pray for Dr. Kent Brantly and all those involved with the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. I just found out Sunday that Dr. Brantly and his wife are going to speak in Abilene this Friday the 10th of October.

************************************************************************
www.amazon.com has the exclusive right to sale my e-books in its Kindle Store.

Click on the book icon (picture) on the right to go directly to the Amazon site for that particular book

************************************************************************

According to ABC radio news, President Obama has decided not to take action on amnesty for illegal aliens (“immigration reformin Left euphemism) until after the 2014 election. Of course, the reason he decided to wait was because some Democrat Senators up for reelection this year are scared silly that they will lose the election if MORE amnesty is implemented before the election. They think the American voter is TOO STUPID to realize there is no difference whether an illegal act is implemented before or after an election. It is still an illegal act that will do great harm to America!

************************************************************************
After I became a write-in candidate for Texas Congressional District 19, I sent information about me to both the Abilene Reporter-News and the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. What follows are questions I received from the Abilene Reporter-News and my answers to those questions.

Donald

We received your letter announcing your congressional candidacy several weeks ago. Editorially, we wrote that Mr. Neugebauer now faces 3 opponents Nov. 4. With early voting starting Oct. 20, we need to put forth information to the public on all 4 candidates. We have background on you but here are a few more personal questions. We also are assembling 5-6 more generals questions to be submitted to all District 19 candidates. The questions will be identical.

1) You have lived in Arizona and Illinois. What brought you to Abilene and how long ago? That is relevant in forming an opinion about the incumbent.

My answer: “I moved to Abilene for a number of reasons. When I decided to move from Illinois, I could have moved anywhere in the nation. I wanted a warm weather climate. I wanted a conservative State. I wanted a State that could resist the financial temptations the federal government uses to induce States to relinquish more and more of their sovereignty. And hopefully a State that would reassert itself and insist that its sovereignty be honored. I also wanted a university within the area and possibly a military base. I have watched the Obama Administration, over the last five years, as it has worked to fundamentally transform our military. The choice came down to Tucson or Abilene. Abilene had the advantage of being much more conservative than Tucson and having three Christian oriented universities.

Abilene won out because I believe Texas is in a far better position to regain its sovereignty than Arizona. I was also impressed with Senator Cruz’s Senate victory in 2012. It told me that the conservative voters in Texas were willing to support an excellent conservative candidate over the heir apparent. Senator Cruz also has an understanding of the Constitution that most members of Congress do not have. I arrived in Abilene June 4, 2013.

When I moved here, I knew nothing of the Congressional District or of our current Congressman. It only took his primary to tell me what I needed to know. In my opinion, he is not going to challenge the current weak Republican leadership in the House of Representatives. Until the House of Representatives is willing to use the constitutional powers given to it to rein in a rogue President, I don’t believe the President will stop his lawlessness.”

2) If one of your objectives is to impeach Obama but you are setting yourself up the president will be gone by then. Is your statement that Obama should be impeached more important than reality that is may be a moot point?

My answer: “He should be impeached now. Realistically, it would take an absolute miracle to win at this late date. However, running now may alter Congressman Neugebauer’s willingness to challenge the Speaker. When I ran for the County Board of Supervisors, we had one public debate. In that debate, I said the county should develop a program to pave our many dirt roads within the county. I gave as an example a dirt road that ran past the elementary school that we had just built. Miraculously, about two weeks before the election, that dirt road was paved. Those in power will do things not planned in order to stay in power.

I don’t think our Congressman will challenge the Speaker. However, I’m laying down a challenge to him to do the right thing. The right thing is to impeach the President. In 2016, if the President has not been removed from office, one of my main issues will be to render all of his illegal actions null and void.”

3) Are issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage important enough to American people that they would elect a candidate who strongly holds to those views as major platforms? What has led you to be such an advocate on these issues?

My answer: “They should be. I belief the moral character of a nation is an important ingredient in the success of that nation. (Proverbs 14: 34) “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin condemns any people.” Historically, major world powers disintegrate internally before externally. Abraham Lincoln has been credited as saying, “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”

I believe this is a perilous time. We are in an ideological war. One side supports an all powerful national government contrary to the Constitution. The other, which includes me, supports a federal system as established by the Constitution. A system that encourages God established morality, personal liberty and responsibility, respect for the law, and free enterprise. I discuss the importance of law and morality on my website with this post http://votevance.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-rule-of-law-in-civil-society.html

I believe we can not heal as a nation until we stop murdering our own unborn children. The Democrat Party left me because of its obsession in support of murdering our own children. It is my responsibility as a candidate to demonstrate the correctness of my position.”

4) At the core, is state sovereignty the bigger issue?

My answer: “I think it is impossible to adequately separate each aspect of the whole. There are so many aspects that are all interrelated. Certainly, State sovereignty is an important ingredient. Texas is unique in that she was sovereign before joining the union as, of course, were the thirteen original States. Mark Levin talks of us being in the post-constitutional era. I’m more optimistic. However, we may be approaching that period if there is not a turn around soon.”

5) You have asked that an interview be conducted by e-mail—have you made public appearances? The job of congressman would be public yet your campaign seems very low key? How are you campaigning?

My answer: “My first priority is to help get as many social, fiscal conservatives elected to Congress as we can in 2014. That is of more immediate importance than my running. I believe we need to start campaigning in 2015 for 2016 and I will. This election gives me an opportunity to begin a little earlier than most candidates. I’m working to build a staff and begin the process of raising money.

I post five blogs six days a week. In a normal day, I am dealing with that for twelve or more hours. That leaves no time for me to campaign as normally understood. When I ran for office in the 1980s, I personally collected my nominating petitions. I enjoyed talking to the citizens and discussing issues one on one. I can’t do that this time but I will be active early for 2016 even as this election has ended. (An opponent once described me as a bulldog who gets ahold of something and won’t let go. I don’t disagree.)

I know it is unorthodox and it wasn’t planned. I tried to find an acceptable candidate who was willing to run in 2016. I couldn’t find one who was willing to run against an incumbent. I’ve never had that problem. I understand this certainty. You can not win if you do not run.”

If you could answer these, it would help us write about you. We’ll submit the questions proposed to all candidates separately.

We do need to have a photo of you; could you come to ARN to meet us and have one taken?

My answer: “I’m afraid I don’t have time. I’m including a photo which was used by the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal newspaper in its short article about me. In the 2016 campaign, I will be more traditional since I won’t be involved in other campaigns so much.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I hope to get your 6 questions done tomorrow but you will certainly have them by the 9th. I’m starting two hours late for today’s posts.”

Thanks, Donald.

Greg Jaklewicz
Editorial Page Editor/Columnist
Abilene Reporter-News

If not now, when?

If not now, why?

If not us, who?

*************
Primaries in November:

18) Louisiana Primary: November 4, 2014 ~ Congressional Run-Off (if needed): December 6, 2014

************************************************************************
Rob Maness | U.S. SenateLouisiana

Primary is November 4 which is election day!

Donate:
http://www.fourteenin2014.com/make-a-donation/

Website:
http://www.robmaness.com/

Donate
:
http://www.robmaness.com/donate/

Donate:
https://secure.senateconservatives.com/step1

************************************************************************


Joni Ernst | U.S. Senate - Iowa

Donate: https://secure.senateconservatives.com/step1?layout=ernst&c=b8c4e2995ab851746f0a138e300bca6f

Her website:
http://www.joniforiowa.com/

Donate directly:
https://secure.joniforiowa.com/donations/contribution/

Donate: http://www.fourteenin2014.com/make-a-donation/

************************************************************************
A video of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid before he was Senate Majority Leader. According to the screen, this was on September 20, 1993. Bill Clinton was President!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrNJ12kJ7wY

************************************************************************

You MUST listen to this video!

The ending statement: Abortionists are evil! My response: Yes, they are as all serial MURDERERS are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8927qO9qlg#t=25

************************************************************************
Texas Senator Ted CruzThe Cruz Missile: The Democrats want to destroy the First Amendment! This is over 50 minutes but well worth listening to as Senator Cruz exposes the Democrat Party for who they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXAYFzhNhQg

Texas Senator Ted CruzThe Cruz Missile: “Vote Harry Reid Out!”

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/ted-cruz-flays-harry-reid-over-bill-of-rights/#ooid=BxdnR5bzpeZSjUTiYsD3zTCGhILw4g6K

************************************************************************
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin—up for reelection this year—compares U.S. soldiers to those of Nazi Germany!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqIlXfkylD4

************************************************************************
“There’s one very recent commander-in-chief who’s not in this new 30-second commercial. Can you guess which one?

This apparent omission could be intentional or not. Or, it could be a slight. Or, perhaps, the Air Force couldn’t find anything moving this president has said about the military, in this case the Air Force.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rj9-fmxbUg

************************************************************************
Vote Vance in the general election by writing in for Texas Congressional District 19

Donald L. Vance

Contact information: votevance2014@gmail.com



© Vote Vance